The principles of carpet arrangement
Carpet arrangement is one of the most important principles of decoration that you should pay attention to. Carpets cover the floor of the house and in addition to covering, they have a great impact on the beauty of the house. If we spread the carpets in an unprincipled manner, the order of the house arrangement will be disturbed.
Before examining the important points of the carpet arrangement, we remind two important principles about the decoration of the house, which have a great effect on the beauty and fit of the decoration. These two important principles are:
The first principle: choosing a carpet based on the size of the house
Choosing a carpet based on the right size for the home is one of the most important beauty factors. If the size of the carpet is larger than the room, it may make the space look smaller and darker. If the size of the carpet is smaller than the room, it may make the space look empty and messy. An easy way to measure the space required for the carpet is to mark the area you want on the floor with a string or rope to get the size of the carpet. The important rule about the size of the carpet is that at least 15 to 20 cm between The edges of the carpet and the wall should be spaced.
The second principle: choosing a carpet based on the location
The carpets that are for high traffic places should be durable and strong so that they are not easily worn and dirty due to high traffic. All wool carpets like Heriz carpet are very suitable for high traffic places. For places with little traffic, you can place delicate and finely woven carpets. Tabriz carpet and Qom silk carpets are among the carpets that are better to use in places with little traffic. Another factor that is important for choosing a carpet according to the location of the house is the light absorption of the house. If your house is dimly lit, choose bright carpets for this area. If your house is small and you want it to look bigger, it is better to use light colored carpets for your house.
In general, there are three methods for arranging carpets and sofas:
- The sofa should be placed completely on the carpet:
This method is suitable for carpets and large halls. In this case, all four legs of the sofa are placed on the carpet and the carpet covers almost the entire surface. In this case, the edge of the carpet is at least 30 cm away from the back of the sofa.
- The first two legs of the sofa should be placed on the carpet:
If you are not interested in placing the entire sofa on the carpet, you can only place the two front legs of the sofa on the carpet. This method is suitable for medium carpets and normal-sized rooms. In this case, the edges of the carpet are at least 15 cm away from each side of the sofa.
- Sofa and carpet should be placed next to each other:
This method is suitable for small rooms and carpets. In this case, none of the legs of the sofa or chair are placed on the carpet and the carpet is tangent to the sofa. In all the above methods, the feet must be placed on the carpet while sitting on the sofa.
In the following, we will examine the points related to the arrangement of the carpet in the living room, bedroom, kitchen, corridor, dining room and children’s room.
Carpet arrangement in the Kitchen
The kitchen is one of the busiest places and the heart of every home. Therefore, choosing a carpet for the kitchen is very important.
- The kitchen rug should be easy to wash because it gets dirty easily.
- Due to the high traffic in the kitchen, the carpet should be durable and made of high quality material.
- Choose the color of the kitchen carpet so that it shows less stains and dirt.
- Long pile carpets such as Shagi are not suitable for the kitchen at all. These carpets are a good place for the accumulation of food.
- For kitchens that have a dining table, the size of the carpet should be 4 or 6 meters. Note that the legs of the chairs should be placed on the carpet when they come out.
- In kitchens with an island, it is better to use two side rugs on both sides of the island.
- The kitchen carpet should have a suitable distance from the cabinet, stove and sink.
Carpet arrangement in the Catering
The reception hall is considered an important part of the house because it is one of the big spaces of every house and it is also the place where the guests go. Therefore, choosing the right carpet for the reception hall is very important for the interior decoration of the house.
- Observe the harmony between the color of the walls, carpet and furniture and try to choose a complementary color for the carpet.
- In a space with low light, choose light colored carpets. Dark carpets in a low light space make the space look smaller.
- If the floor of the house is parquet, ceramic or carpet, you can also use a circular carpet, but make sure that all 4 legs of the chair and sofa are placed on the carpet.
- Observe the appropriate dimensions of the carpet and spread the carpet at a distance of at least 20 to 30 cm from the wall.
- In small halls, do not cover the entire hall with carpet, this will make the space look smaller.
- If your carpet is silk, avoid placing heavy objects such as TV table, console, etc. on it.
- If the carpet is not silk, and the carpet and the space are both large, you can arrange the sofas on the carpet, but it is better to put a protector under the furniture so that it does not damage the carpet.
- If the size of the carpet and the space is not big, you can only place the two front legs of the sofa on the carpet.
- If the carpet is smaller, you can spread the carpet tangent to the legs of the sofa. In any case, be careful that after sitting on the sofa, your feet should be on the carpet, not the floor!
Carpet arrangement in the bedroom
We all spend long hours of the day in our bedroom, so it is important to pay attention to the type and material of the bedroom carpet. No one likes to sit on the cold floor in winter. In addition, in apartment houses, it may be annoying to hear the noise from the lower floors. All these problems can be solved by spreading a carpet. The carpets are very suitable for sound and temperature insulation, and their soft texture also provides you with comfort.
- The bedroom carpet should not extend to the wall. The minimum distance between the edge of the carpet and the wall is 12 cm in small rooms and 20 cm in large rooms.
- The carpet should not be in contact with the closet or doors, or choose a size that is large enough to fit under the closet, or keep a distance of at least 5 cm.
- Choose the style of the carpet according to the decoration of the bedroom. If the decoration of the room is modern, use a modern carpet. But if the decoration of the room is classic, use classic carpets.
Methods of spreading the carpet in the bedroom:
1- The bed should be placed completely on the carpet. In this case, the carpet should have a proper distance from the closets and tables. Also, the carpet should continue for a long distance after the bottom end of the bed.
2-2/3 of the bed is placed on the carpet. Placing the carpet under the bed prevents it from slipping.
Carpet arrangement in the dinning salon
- Choose a rug that fits the dimensions of the dining table. If the dining table is round, choose a round rug. If the dining table is square or rectangular, choose a square or rectangular rug that fits it.
- Place the dining table in the center of the dining room.
- Choose the size of the carpet so that the legs of the chairs are still on the carpet after coming out.
- Choose the carpet for the dining table similar to the other carpets in the reception hall.
- Use carpets with short and durable piles for under the dining table. Rugs are a good choice for dining room carpets because of their short piles.
Carpet arrangement in the child room
- The fibers used in the children’s carpet should be suitable and hypoallergenic.
- The carpet in the child’s room gets dirty quickly, so choose a carpet that does not get dirty easily.
- Long pile carpets like Shagi are not suitable for children’s rooms.
- Choose the size of the carpet in the child’s room so that it continues under the bed.
- Choose the design of the child’s room in a way that suits the child’s mood and is relaxing.
Read the article what carpet is suitable for a child’s room?
Carpet arrangement in the corridor
Spreading the carpet in the corridor is like welcoming the people of the house and guests. The corridor carpet not only gives more appearance and beauty to the house, but also acts as a good insulator against sounds. For houses that have ceramic and parquet floors that are damaged by washing too much, using a hallway carpet is a very good idea.
- The corridor is a place where people travel, so buy a carpet that is durable and gets dirty later.
- The size of the corridor carpet is chosen according to the house, but it is usually narrow and long.
- The corridor carpet should be placed in the center of the corridor.
- To choose the color of the corridor carpet, you can pay attention to the color of the floor, walls and decorative items of the house.
In this article, we tried to express the most important points and principles related to carpet arrangement. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know. Thank you for reading this article to the end.